Pages

Thursday 24 February 2011

Review: M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid

Having counted my foundations the other day and realising the sheer amount I have, I decided to do a series reviewing them all for you! I have already reviewed Illamasqua's Rich Liquid Foundation and you can find that review here.

On the M.A.C website, the Studio Fix Fluid is described as:

"A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free."

On the whole, I would agree with M.A.C's description of the product, the foundation provides a matte finish and is reasonably long wearing, providing it is set with a powder. The coverage is most definitely medium but is easily buildable to achieve a high coverage finish, which is what I like. However, I have a few complaints with this foundation; first of all, it smells heavily of paint! Yes, paint. I found applying it smelled as if I had recently decided to change the wall colours in my room, not a nice pleasant smell you wish for your skin to have! Secondly, this foundation oxidises like no-ones business! I applied the foundation to my hand in the shop and chose NC35, which seemed fine when first applied HOWEVER after about 15 minutes, I looked in the mirror and resembled the Annoying Orange, not a good look. I so wish this foundation didn't oxidise because otherwise, it is a lovely foundation I enjoy using. Maybe next time I'll opt for a few shades lighter and not resemble an Oompa Loompa for the day.

Recommended for: all skin types, looking for a medium coverage foundation.
Avoid if: you dislike strong smelling foundations.

Have you tried Studio Fix Fluid? If so, what did you think of it?

ARK xo

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo blanklogofull.png